A sprained ankle is an injury that happens to the ligaments of your ankle. It mostly happens when we twist our ankles in awkward or abnormal ways. The extra stretch causes injury to the tissue which is the ligaments. This problem can become severe if left untreated. Therefore, it is always better to have a sprained ankle treatment.
It also happens to people when they are into sports and it is a common sports injury. There is a huge number of ankle injuries that happen every year. In such a situation, it is always best to consult a medical practitioner.
What are the symptoms of a sprained ankle?
There are symptoms of the sprained ankle, but they are mostly depended on how severe the injury is.
- You will feel pain if you lift weight especially on the injured foot
- Cannot move your ankle easily
- A popping sensation when the injury happened
What are the ways to diagnose a sprained ankle?
Here are the processes using which one can diagnose their sprained ankle and if the report says yes, they can start their sprained ankle treatment.
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- CT scan
What are the possible causes of sprained ankle?
A sprained ankle can happen for various reasons. here they are:
- Someone tapping on your foot while engaged in any sports activity
- Any sudden fall
- Any kind of awkward landing that twisted your ankle in an unnatural way
- Exercising on the surface that is uneven. Walking on such surfaces for a long time can also injure the ankle
How can take some self-care as the sprained ankle treatment?
For the first two or three days, you can do some self-care activities. However, never leave it untreated as it can get severe with time. After two or three days, always take a doctor’s appointment. Until then, you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Take rest: in this period, do not try anything that put pressure on your knees
- Put some ice: it is necessary to put some on the injured place within fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Compress: elastic bandages are a great way to compress the swelling ankle.
- Elevate: to keep the problem under control, put a bolster under your ankle and level it above your heart.
Why do you need sprained ankle treatment?
Here are the basic and most important reasons why you must not take the ankle treatment for sprained ankle lightly.
1. Reduce the pain: the self-care techniques we have taught earlier can make things good only for two to three days. After that, it will not work. You have to consult a doctor and go for proper medication. Because the more you late, the more it will deteriorate. On the other hand, seeing the doctor in the initial stage and starting the therapy will reduce the pain faster.
2. Start the normal movement: it is very irritating to spend every moment with an ankle guard or bandage. However, the therapy and the treatment will let you do your normal movements quickly. So, always consult a doctor and take his suggestion in this regard.
3. Get back to your feet as soon as possible: not many people can afford to get rest for many days. Especially, when you are a sportsman or your job involves a lot of mobility, you need to get back to your normal state. It is only possible with the treatment. So, never take the treatment lightly. The therapy will not only help in reducing the pain but allows you to get back to what you do faster.
The ankle is very important in keeping your foot mobile. Any injury can become severe without proper treatment. So, never ignore it.
Leave a Reply