A virtual office is an online service that mimics physical office services. Working in a virtual office is no different than working in a regular office, apart from the fact that online workers don’t get to meet. But it is not as simple as that; there are a lot of challenges that you will face during online work. Handling all of the challenges is not possible individually. Even for organizations, it is a costly affair that clashes with the essence of remote working.
Remote working is known as a cost-saving workspace model. What is the benefit if you have to spend lots of money just to set it up? But there is an easy way out, the virtual office service. The virtual office is a third-party service that gives you all the facilities of an office without having to set up one. It is a hybrid solution that lets you work online but also gives you an option to use in-house office facilities whenever you need to.
You get all the features of the virtual office without any strings attached. You don’t have to handle any legalities or take any liabilities for the features. The office space, staff, and utilities are all handled and paid for by the service provider. All you have to do is pay the monthly subscription fee and enjoy the service’s benefits.
These are the features you will get after paying an affordable price:
- You get a legally registered business address. This address can be used on your documents and marketing material. This address is the one your customers will use for communicating with you. To make your business look respectful, you must have a posh commercial address on your visiting cards. The virtual office service gives you access to an expensive commercial location that is out of reach of small businesses and startups.
- One of the prominent features of the virtual office is call handling. Professional receptionists answer all the calls received by your company. They offer your company’s greetings and can transfer calls and forward important messages to you.
- This feature is an extension of the reception service. You can get your mail handled and forwarded to your address. If the mail is urgent, you can get it scanned confidentially and emailed to you. This way, you get all critical mail timely anywhere in the world.
- Technology is the lifeline of remote working. You need secure communication and sharing for online working to be successful. Virtual offices give comprehensive and secure technology as a part of their service. Some apps and firewalls make collaboration and communication safe. It also safeguards you from malware, virus, and ransomware.
- You also get office equipment like phones, Wifi, scanners, printers, fax machines, and computers. Whenever you or your team members need to use any of them, you can use them in-house.
- You get access to fully equipped conference rooms for face-to-face interactions and meetings with employees and clients. They can host video conferences, seminars, and conferences in these halls.
- Your staff also needs recreation; it is essential for their health and well-being. Only healthy employees can produce good results. Virtual offices include swimming pools, gyms, coffee shops, and cafeterias.
- One of the notable features of the virtual office service is its ambiance. The environment it offers is classy and in line with the latest trends in interior designs. Your visitors will be impressed with the furnishings and office decor. This increases the prestige of your business and instills trust in your clients. No one wants to do business with people in shabby offices.
This is what makes the virtual office the most flexible service:
You can start and stop using it instantly:
When starting the service, you must subscribe to the online website. There are no other formalities or any paperwork involved. You don’t need any guarantee or a lawyer to help you with the negotiations. In short, there are no other requirements for subscribing to the service.
Similarly, when you plan on stopping the service, you just have to unsubscribe it from your account on the website. There is no legal work to handle, no contract termination penalty, and no liabilities.
You pay for what you use:
The payment packages offered by the virtual service are very flexible and diverse. They have tailored packages after a lot of market research about what most businesses require. However, you can also get customized ones made by putting up a request. The best thing about virtual office services is that you can cherry-pick the services you want to use and only pay for them.
Using the virtual office is very easy.
Once you have subscribed to the service, the rest becomes even more straightforward. Setting up your account is just a few easy steps and clicks. Your account, the services you opted for, and setting up your schedule is so simple that even novices can do it as quickly as pros. It can easily get guidance from the help center and book your time for shared services like the conference rooms. You don’t need expert tech knowledge to use the service; essential internet and computer knowledge are more than enough.
You can be anywhere and everywhere:
Remote working and virtual offices let you work from anywhere in the world. You can be at more places at a given time. This is the flexibility that the virtual office gives you. You can work anytime you want, even in more than one time zone simultaneously.
It is universal, not fixed to one industry:
Virtual offices are not made for a single industry. It caters to almost every industry. This approach is the first step toward making it the most flexible and universal service. Every virtual office has standard office work features. They are designed to help out the everyday office work. Industry-specific services have a limited target audience, but universal services like the virtual office have a wide range of users, which adds to their popularity and usage.