Visas are a big part of international travel. Some countries, such as India, require visas to enter the country. If you’re planning on visiting some of those countries, make sure you know the difference between an Indian visa on arrival and Indian Visa Application.
How Do I Apply For An Indian Visa?
If you are looking to travel to India and visit its stunning temples and beaches, then you will need to apply for an Indian visa. The application process can be a little confusing, but we have outlined the steps below.
- Find out your visa requirements. You will need a valid passport and a visa application form from the Indian embassy or consulate in your country of residence. If you are not a citizen of India, you will also need to obtain an Indian visa prior to arrival.
- Complete the visa application form. The form is long, but most importantly it requires information about your travel plans and reasons for visiting India. Answer questions such as whether you will be staying for less than 60 days or more than 180 days, what type of travel you are intending to do (touring, business, study), and if you have any health concerns.
- Send in your application materials. Include your passport photo, completed visa application form, the fee (USD $25), and proof of travel insurance coverage if traveling outside of India. Your embassy or consulate may require more than these documents.
- Pay the non-refundable visa fee in a secure manner. To avoid any possible complications, you should pay your visa fee (USD $25) or bring a letter of credit for unexpected expenses.
- Wait for your passport to be mailed to you within seven days of the receipt of all application materials and payment of fees by your embassy or consulate. We provide assistance in multiple languages so that our customers can obtain their visas in their native language as well. An Indian Visa for South Korean Citizens on arrival is typically valid for 30 days and can be extended once.
Indian Visa On Arrival vs. Indian Visa Application Process
The difference between an Indian visa on arrival and an Indian visa application process is that an Indian visa on arrival is a visa granted to a foreign traveler upon arrival in India. While an Indian visa application process is the process by which a foreigner applies for a visa from the Indian embassy or consulate. An Indian visa on arrival may be more convenient for travelers who only need a short stay in India. But an Indian visa application process may be preferable for those wishing to stay for a longer period of time.
The main difference between the two processes is that an Indian visa on arrival requires no paperwork other than presenting your passport to the immigration officer at the airport. While an Indian visa application process requires filling out several forms and submitting them to the embassy or consulate. The most important form for applicants to complete is the V-Form. Which asks for personal information such as your full name, date of birth, current address, and contact information. Other forms include the M-Form, which asks for your criminal record information and biometric data. Such as fingerprints and photographs, and the A-Form, which asks for detailed information about your travel plans.
Types Of Indian Visas
There are many types of Indian visas and each one has its own specific requirements. If you are planning to visit India, it’s important to know the difference between an Indian visa on arrival and an Indian visa application. Here’s a quick guide to each type:
- Indian Visa On Arrival: This is the most common type of Indian visa, and it is granted to visitors who arrive in India with a valid passport. You will need to show your passport at the airport when you arrive in India. Then fill out a visa application form at a nearby embassy or consulate. You can generally expect to receive your visa within 10 days of submitting your application.
- Indian Visa Application: This type of visa is require to stay longer than 30 days in India. You will need to submit a visa application form at a nearby embassy or consulate. There may be additional requirements, such as providing evidence of financial stability. Your application will likely take longer to process than a visa on arrival. You may not receive your visa until several weeks after submitting your application.
- Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA): If you are traveling to India for business purposes, you may be eligible for an E-TA. Which is a type of visa that you apply for online before your trip. To apply for an ETA, you will need to provide documentation to show your position and qualifications. As well as information about your travel itinerary.
How Long Does It Take To Get An Indian Visa?
Indian visas on arrival are valid for a maximum of 30 days and visa applications are subject to a processing time of around 10-12 weeks. Indian Visa for Taiwan Citizens of countries in the Schengen Area can be processed within 3-4 weeks.
It is time to start thinking about what type of visa you would like to apply for. An Indian visa on arrival allows foreign tourists who have arrived in India on an approved cruise ship or through certain air routes the opportunity to visit India without first applying for a tourist visa. An Indian visa application, however, requires that you first apply online and pay a fee. Which route is best for you depends largely on your travel plans and budget.
Leave a Reply