The SBI Prime Credit Cards is a mid-level card suitable for regular usage. In addition, the card has a highly rewarding points system. Since it is a mid-level card with low-income requirements, most SBI account holders with a credit score of 750 or above are pre-approved for it. However, if you are unsure about your credit score, opt for a Free Credit Score check on a reliable website.
Types of SBI Prime Credit Card
There are three varieties of SBI Prime Credit Card. Applicants can choose any of the following as per their suitability. All three cards are available if you have a good SBI CIBIL Score. However, you can confirm your eligibility by opting for Free Credit Score.
- American Express
Eligibility for SBI Prime Credit Card
The basic requirement for all SBI credit cards is a minimum of 750 or above SBI CIBIL Score. Apart from this, the Prime Credit Cards have set requirements for age and income.
- Age Requirement – 21 years to 70 years (for salaried individuals) and 25 years to 70 years (for self-employed individuals)
- Minimum Income – ₹20,000/ month (for salaried individuals) and ₹4,00,000/ annum (for self-employed individuals)
- Nationality – Residential Indian
Features of SBI Prime Credit Card
The following are some of the features of the SBI Prime Credit Card.
- Global Acceptance – The SBI Prime Credit Card is accepted globally and can be enabled for international payments.
- Contactless Payments – The card is enabled for contactless payments. Cardholders can make transactions up to ₹5,000 through this method. Moreover, cardholders do not need to use their card PIN for contactless payments.
- Add-Ons – Prime Credit Cards can support up to 2 Add-On Credit Cards.
- Fraud and Accident Liability Cover – The SBI Prime card provides up to ₹50 lakhs coverage for Air Accidents. In addition, it offers ₹1 lakh coverage on fraudulent transactions if it is reported within 48 hours.
- Emergency Card Service – In case of card loss in India or abroad, SBI Prime cardholders can apply for immediate card replacement. However, this service is available only on VISA and Mastercard Prime Credit Cards.
- Flexipay – Prime cardholders can easily convert transactions worth ₹2,500 and above into Flexipay. The Flexipay feature allows instalment repayments over a flexible tenure.
- Convert Balance on Other Cards to EMI – You can transfer the outstanding balance on other non-SBI credit cards to your SBI Prime Credit Card and convert them to EMI.
Benefits of SBI Prime Credit Card
Each of the SBI Prime Credit Card comes with a unique set of benefits and offers.
For SBI Prime Visa Credit Card:
- Exclusive deals and offers on over 900 luxury hotels.
- Deals and discounts on car rental services like Hertz and Avis.
SBI Prime MasterCard Credit Card:
- Upto 15% discount on hotel room rates.
- Up to 15% discount on food and beverages during your stay in Lalit Hotels.
- A complimentary golfing lesson every month and a discount on golfing.
For SBI Prime American Express Credit Card:
- 25% discount on eateries powered by the American Express Dining Platform.
- Free VIP upgrades on hotel rooms worldwide.
Other benefits include welcome offers, reward points, milestone rewards, fuel surcharge waivers and complimentary Club Vistara Silver and Trident Privilege Red Tier memberships.
- Welcome Offer – One ₹3,000 gift card from Bata/ Hush Puppies, Pantaloons, Shoppers Stop, Yatra or Aditya Birla Fashion.
- Milestone Rewards – On spending ₹50,000 quarterly, you can get a ₹1,000 Pizza Hut gift card. In addition, spending ₹3,00,000 yearly waives the annual renewal fees.
- Reward Points – On spending ₹100, you can receive 20 reward points.
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver – You can enjoy a 1% waiver on fuel charges between ₹500 and ₹4,000. The maximum waiver amount is ₹250 per month.
Fee & Charges for SBI Prime Credit Card
The SBI Prime Credit Card has an annual renewal charge of ₹2,999. Apart from this, other fees and charges included in the Credit Card are:
- Finance charges: 3.35% p.m. (maximum).
- Over-limit charges: 2.5% on the over-limit amount.
- Late Payment: ₹400 to ₹950 (depending on the due amount).
The SBI Prime Credit Cards is an advantageous card that provides benefits in all categories. Therefore, it is among the preferred credit card. To get the Prime Credit Card, maintain an SBI CIBIL Score of 750 or above to increase your chances of card approval. If your credit score is low, you can opt for a Free Credit Score check for tips and suggestions on improving your SBI CIBIL Score.
Leave a Reply