A UAN number is significant for every employee to access their EPF retirement fund, also known as the Employees’ Provident Fund. The EPF is crucial to an employee as it acts as their means of availing pension after retirement. Employees can access their UAN from the UAN Member Portal.
Members can access, conduct transactions, and manage this fund with the help of their UAN number and UAN passbook login details. A UAN activation is crucial to monitor and access your PF or Provident Fund.
Why is UAN Necessary?
UAN or a Universal Account Number is a 12-digit identification number that allows you to contribute to your EPF. You can only access your PF with your UAN passbook login details. UAN activation is done two times separately by the EPFO. There are various reasons why a UAN activation is essential.
- It gives additional security and guarantees streamlined transactions.
- With UAN, you don’t have to keep relying on your employer and can transfer and withdraw funds with the help of your UAN passbook login details.
- UAN allows you to check debits and credits in your EPF account.
- You can also track monthly deposits if you have an online PF account with the help of your UAN passbook login details.
What Does the UAN Member Portal Provide to Employees?
The UAN Member Portal offers employees a wide range of services related to their EPF accounts. With their UAN activation, members can access the UAN member portal to avail all these services.
- With the help of the UAN Member Portal, you can view your EPF profile. Service history, your UAN card, and your EPF passbook. You can enter your UAN passbook login details to access your EPF passbook. After using your UAN passbook login details, you can click on your respective Member ID and easily access the required information.
- You can also modify and manage various details on the UAN member portal, such as your KYC, mobile numbers, and email ID. You can manage your various KYC details, such as PAN, and register and update your email ID or phone number.
- You’ll also be able to conduct other activities, such as track your EPF claim status and transfer your PF amount to your current EPF account from your previous one. Before transferring your funds, you should ensure your UAN passbook login details are updated in the portal.
Viewing UAN at UAN Member Portal
One of the most crucial services the UAN Member Portal offers is viewing your UAN. With UAN activation, you need to be aware of your UAN to know your UAN passbook login details. This will ultimately help you to access the funds in your PF account. To view your UAN account, make sure to work according to the following steps:
- You should first visit the UAN member portal.
- Select the ‘Know Your UAN’ under the ‘Important Links’ section on the right side of the website.
- Enter your mobile number and the captcha code on the screen for verification.
- Click on the ‘Request OTP’ option after you enter the necessary details to proceed.
- Fill in the OTP you received on your mobile number and then select the ‘Validate OTP’ option.
- Once your OPTP validation is completed, you’ll receive a pop-up alert. After that, select ‘Ok’ to proceed.
- After this, you must provide personal details such as name, date of birth, Aadhar number, or any other detail that acts as valid ID proof. You should also enter the captcha code on the screen. After this, click the ‘Show My UAN’ option.
- You’ll be able to view your UAN. After UAN activation, you’ll also receive EPF UAN status on your phone number.
Therefore, members must opt for a UAN activation to get necessary details such as UAN passbook login credentials to access, manage and monitor their PF funds. If registered with UAN, you should log in to the UAN Member Portal regularly to keep a track of your PF account.